Wednesday, January 25, 2012

About Us

Nothin' like writing our "About Us" a few years after I started blogging. But here we go...

My hubby and I met when we were both in highschool.  We lived in the same town but went to different schools- I went to a big public school and he went to a tiny private school.  After school he would always come to our school parking lot to "hang out" because that's what the cool kids did. :-)  He would come to visit his girlfriend friend, (friend makes me sound less like a hoe...)  and saw me talking to one of our mutual friends.  I suppose he asked her who I was and probably fell in love instantly (kidding!).  I knew who he was but I don't think we ever formally met.

We chatted on AIM sometimes, back in the day when AIM was "cool," and we would text each other from time to time.  For a few months we were just friends who talked sporadically.  Then came the Auburn VS UGA football game in November of 2002.  I was in Auburn at the game and we (Auburn) lost.  I was so mad so I text him and we ranted about it to each other.  After that we started talking all.the.time.  Yes, he still had a girlfriend...I know...VERY bad of me, but we were JUST friends. (Sure we liked each other but that's it...we only talked!)

This went on until February of 2003.  He and his girlfriend had broken up (perhaps because of a little ultimatum) so we went out.  Our first date was February 8, 2003.  And we've been together ever since...except for a little teeny break in 2006. (story about that is next)

We went to my Senior Prom together and we were both already planning on going to Auburn even before we met each other.  We had 4.5 (me)/5(him) amazingly fun years at Auburn together.  3 of those years we lived in a duplex...girls on one side and the boyfriends on the other.  It was a party always and some of the most fun times we have ever had.  After 3 years of dating, in the summer of 2006 we hit a slight rough patch (I had gone home for the summer and he stayed in Auburn) and we broke up for about 2 months.  I can't speak for him but it was 2 of the worst months of my life.  Once I got back to Auburn in August of that year, we quickly patched ourselves up and got back together. After that our relationship was better than it had ever been before.  

Jump to December 14, 2007-  it was my last semester at Auburn and I had just finished my last presentation of my college career. I was DONE! I wanted to go on a walk around the campus one last time as a "student."  Little did I know, he had a ring in his pocket and he thought I knew about it since I wanted to go walk around (Apparently it is quite odd for me to want to exercise). We walked around for a while and then I got hungry.  And when I get hungry, I'm ready to eat!  He wanted to keep walking but I didn't (this was the first time I was ruining his plan).  We went to eat at Subway (fancy!, but it was within walking distance) and then he wanted to walk around some more.  By this point it had gotten chilly and I wanted to go back home. (this was the 2nd time I ruined it).   We walked back to the house and I was on the computer checking my FINAL grades.  He comes up behind me puts his arms around me, opens the box, and asks me to marry him.  I sat there in shock for quite a while and then I, of course, said yes! 

We got married on October 18, 2008 after 5 1/2 years of dating.  


Our wedding was SO much fun.  Everything was perfect and people still talk about how much fun they had- mission accomplished. We went to St. Lucia on our honeymoon and met 4 really fun couples who we still talk to- thanks to Facebook.  


When we got back from our honeymoon, I quit my job that I hated SO.VERY.MUCH.  This wasn't the smartest move as we were newly married, with a monthly rent payment, and OH, did I mention that he didn't have a job either?  Yeah, again...NOT my best move.  But, honestly, every single day on the way to work and on the way home, I cried, and cried, and cried.  I was miserable! Before our wedding I was driving well over an hour- each way, and when I returned after our honeymoon it took me 2 1/2 hours to get to work and 2 1/2 hours to get home.  I quit the next day.  It was quite a nice paying job but like Zac Brown says "There's no dollar sign on a peace of mind."  Amen ZB.  I firmly believe I got the previously mentioned terrible job so that we could afford a deposit and the first few months of bills.  As hard and as terrible as that job was, I am very thankful for it.  If I had not gotten that job (very well paying job with one of the Big 4 firms) I would probably always have wished I had.  I am so glad that I did get it and quickly confirmed that it was NOT FOR ME. 

After that I started subbing at a private school where some of my friends worked.  I became the go-to sub so I was there a lot, and my hubby was working with my dad, so we had some money.  In January of 2009, hubby got hired for his dream job.  (I'll leave off what that job is...sorry!  He does have an explosive detection dog so I think you can figure it out)  I kept subbing and I also worked part time for one of our friends at his State Farm office.  In April of 2009, I was asked by the school I was subbing at if I wanted to teach their permanently and also do the IT work (IT was what I studied at Auburn).  I QUICKLY said "yes" and I have been there ever since.  

In December of 2010,  we found out we were pregnant.  We found out the gender and kept it a secret the entire time.  (Some of my other posts talk about it.) 

On August 14, 2011, I gave birth to our baby girl Ali Ann (Ali). 

She is now 8.5 months old and we absolutely love being parents! 


We have 3 dogs.
Scout

Blaze

Koda


2 comments:

momto8 said...

yours is a beautiful love story!
good for all of you!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

AiringMyLaundry said...

What a sweet story!

I met my husband in high school as well.