Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Zach's new job

We've been waiting to hear about his interview for 2 or 3 weeks now.  For some reason they decided to torture everyone who had interviewed and just wait and wait and wait to announce who got it.  Finally, today they decided was the day and Zach got it.  He will be the new K-9 Officer! :-)  He has been working SO hard to try and get this and it is all he has wanted to do since he first got Blaze, our Belgian Malinois. (a LOT of police K-9's are this breed).


Zach has trained Blaze and he is one of the smartest dogs I have ever seen.  Not the sit, stay, speak, lay down kind of training...because he speaks Dutch to Blaze and it sounds more like "zeet,", "bliff," "blaffen," and "aufleegen."  (Those spellings are not right but that's how they sound). Other than only listening to Dutch commands and can sniff out gun powder and bomb residue in the middle of the woods, a field, you name it.  That's how into K9 training Zach is.  Unfortunately Blaze can't be Zach's partner, but that does mean we will be adding another member to our family...and no I'm not talking about the baby.  We will be getting a new dog to be Zach's Police dog. 

I just wanted to share the good news.  I am ESPECIALLY excited for a few reasons.  1) NO MORE NIGHT SHIFT...EVER!!!!! Tonight is actually his LAST night.  I am so excited.  Also, NO more weekends.  2) He gets a brand new tahoe to drive back and forth to work, so we save a ridiculous amount of gas money. and 3) NORMAL HOURS. I'm not sure what these hours will be. Maybe 7-3, but they will be normal and not 12 hours shifts. Woohoo!!!

1 comment:

Mrs. Werginz said...

This is AMAZING! Zach called Karl last night but of course I din't hear these details! No more nights...AWESOME! No more weekends...I am jealous! Also, your writing of the dutch words made me laugh out loud! Y'all are doing so well with the baby on the way and the new job for Zach! YAY! Can't wait to see y'all Friday!