We went on a Field Trip Monday and Tuesday to DeSoto Caverns in Childersburg, AL with 29 4th & 5th graders. It's a good thing our teachers (most of them) are fun. We SLEPT IN A CAVE. Yes, this pregnant woman slept in a cave. Granted I had my queen size air mattress that is 2 feet up off the ground, but still...IN A CAVE! On the way there we stopped at a museum in Anniston and saw a very cool history of chocolate. There were all kinds of animals and displays but the whole Chocolate exhibit was my fav. :-) After the museum, we headed to the caverns.
Besides sleeping in the cave, they had a lot of other stuff to do also.
Here a few of the other things we did while we were there.
There was a lot more but those are a couple of the things we did. Being pregnant, I couldn't do many of them but I DID do the maze, archery and the potty racers. The kids had a lot of fun.
Now on to the cave....this is where we slept
It was something else. They said it stays at a constant 60 degrees...buuuuuuullcrap! I swear it got down to 30 degrees. All of the teachers were frozen. It was an eventful night of sleep, to say the least. Of course it was a cave so there was lots of dripping (one spot in particular was on my bed). But since my bed was so big, I just moved my feet over and I was dry all night. :-) We had a snorer, a screamer, people getting up all night to make the hike to the bathroom...we will just stick with the word "eventful".
Onto the baby...I am 27 weeks today. Next wednesday I will be 7 months! That is insane. My appointment next wed will consist of the glucose test which everyone tells me is TERRIBLE. I am "really" looking forward to it! Zach is gone for 3 more weeks so my mom will be going with me to this one.
Tis all for now...my mom is cooking my favorite meal: cubed steak, mashed potatoes, biscuits and it is ready.
Holla!



3 comments:
The glucose test isn't bad at all. You get blood drawn, drink what tastes like flat orange pop (soda) or orange koolaid with waaaaaay too much syrup, then you sit and wait for an hour. Then get your blood drawn again. That's it :) Take a book. It's not bad at all :)
Sleeping in a cave totally would have freaked me out... Have you seen the movie "Descent?" Ahh, ruined anything "cave" for me! LOL
cindy is right, glucose test isn't too terribly awful, esp. after you survived that kidney pain. it just tastes yuck so i always tried to take a deep breath and drink it as fast as i can
Post a Comment