Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sharing our baby news

I never posted this, so now I am...3 months late.

We found out we were pregnant December 12, after I got back from one of my very good friends baby showers...ironic enough! :-)  Luckily for us it was very close to Christmas, perfect time to tell our parents.  The hard part was waiting the 2 weeks until Christmas.  I tell my mom EVERYTHING, so I was dying to tell her.  I was good and didn't even hint around at anything.  It was easy for us because NO ONE really knew we were even trying...no one in our families anyway.

With Zach's parents we bought them a card Congratulating them on being grandparents and gave it to them, all the while thinking they were opening up a Christmas card. They were very surprised and even more excited. Zach is an only child so this baby is going to be spoiled x 10.
With my family I bought this shirt and wore it when we all got together Christmas Eve.

Zach had to work part of the day and got to our little "party" later than everyone else, so I waited until he got there to put the shirt on.  I walked downstairs and showed my parents first.  My mom said "oh that's cute,"  not even noticing what it actually said.  I made her read it again and she freaked.  My dad on the other hand read it and said "yeah, right, OK!"  He did NOT believe us.  What a goober.  Everyone else in my family pretty much freaked out and started crying.  Even after all that my grandmother still hadn't seen or heard what we were talking about.  She jumps up and screams "WHAT IS IT?"  So I show her my shirt and she joins in on the excitement.

This will be the first grandchild on both sides and the first great-grandchild for my mom's parents.  :-)  We are super excited and so is everyone else in our family.

5 more months!

2 comments:

Jeska said...

Congrats!

Mrs. Werginz said...

That is very cute Kasey! I love how people tell their families!