Saturday, January 29, 2011

Baby stuff

I am getting so excited to start shopping for baby stuff.  My mom has already both 2 cute little onesie's, a little duck pajama outfit, and a little infant neck pillow. The pillow is so dang cute.  How long do we have to wait before we start registering? :-)

One little bitty thing I would like to rant about...

Of course everyone asks me if we are going to find out what it is.  That question doesn't bother me.  I tell them our answer "yes, but we aren't going to tell anyone."  Then that's when it starts...just about every single person says "what? you can't do that? why find out at all?" blah blah blah.  Oh I'm sorry, are you having this baby? That's what I thought.  If we want to find out we will, and if we don't want to tell anyone, then we won't.  This was Zach's idea and at first I was like well why find out at all? But the more I thought about it, I actually think it will be really fun.  It was fun (yes and difficult) to keep being pregnant a secret, so this will be even more fun.  So BOO to all the people saying "no, you have to tell." 

So as of right now, we are going to find out, but keep it to ourselves. Maybe we'll just lie and tell everyone we didn't find out...then they'll shut up won't they? That doesn't sound like a bad idea! Then if we were to slip up and accidentally say "he" or "she" we can just play it off. 

One thing I can't WAIT to get is a mamaroo.  My mom saw them and said she was going to get one for us.  Seriously, go to this website and look at this thing.  There is a video that shows how it moves.  It's in place of a swing and it is pretty amazing.

We already have a girls name, which will not be revealed :-)  We had it picked out pretty much before we even started trying.  I love it.  The name for a boy...we have had one name in mind and still thinking about it.  But I guarantee you if I gave 20 people 100 guesses, not a single person would guess correctly.  And I love it. :-).  That one will definitely be kept a secret. 

3 comments:

Carla said...

ok, i'm one of those people too.....why keep it from all of us? i don't get it!...but, i'll keep my mouth shut so as not to nag you...but maybe nag zach b/c if roles were reversed i know he'd do that to us!... and i'm pretty jealous that you've got names b/c we still don't! omg!

Carla said...

and one more thought on this...you kept being pregnant a secret for how many weeks? 4? you have to keep the sex a secret for about 22 weeks! MUCH longer, so good luck :)

Mommie Couture said...

I have a MamaRoo! My little man loves it!