Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Teaching...

Hopefully this is the first of many blogs...I have tried once before. (I think I posted once, and never again.)  If we had anything interesting going on in our lives, like kids, I might have more to say.  I doubt everyone wants to hear about our dogs, so we shall spare you all. 

The only 2 interesting things I can think of are.....

1) We are in the process of buying the house we have been renting. We are scheduled to close Aug 20, that is if the appraisal works out.  We are very excited.  It's very cool that we are closing on a house, yet we don't have to move. Thank the LORD. We hate moving! And we are also quite excited about the $8,000 tax credit we will get (is that an Obama doing? if so, its the ONLY thing I will thank him for!) The appraiser is coming tomorrow so we will be praying it all works out.  We love our house and everything has gone smooth so far...I suppose something is bound to come along and mess it up. 

2) I start my first day of teaching on the 18th.  I am very excited, but definitely nervous too. I have heard people talk about hating their first year.  But with the awesome teachers I will be working with, I am thinking positively and believing that will not be the case for my first year.  I will be teaching 5th grade Math as well as a Computer/Spanish Exploratory.  In addition to teaching, I am the Technology "Coordinator"...so I am getting to use my degree.  

Well, first successful post. I am going to relax with my hubby. (We are currently being nerds...both sitting on the couch with our macs).  He is off tomorrow and I don't have to go back to Bedford til Friday or Monday.  


1 comment:

Carla said...

Love your cute new blog! Can't wait to hear more about your new career.....you can blog stalk strangers and see that people blog about any and everything...kids, decorating, cooking...so I'm all about reading whatever is on your mind b/c I'm all about some Kasey! :)