Thursday, July 22, 2010

Yummy dinner

I have a loooong post of all the updates I have done to our house, but that shall have to be another day. This will be about a yummy dinner we just had. No pics but yum!!

I bought some shrimp on Monday and it was frozen. I put it in the fridge because I guess I thought we were going to eat it early in the week. Well, today is thursday and I still hadn't cooked it. (To be honest, I kind of forgot about it). So I knew I had to cook it tonight. I was afraid it had already gone bad but people said if you smelled it, you would definitely know whether or not it was still good. Luckily it had no nasty smell...but if we get sick, I'll know not to leave shrimp that long. haha.

So, the shrimp was still good to eat, now I needed to find a recipe, because since I've been married (almost 2 years), I haven't made anything with shrimp Frying it was out of the question because we are trying to eat somewhat more healthy. Of course the internet has 100 billion recipes and I found one that seemed great. Spicy Grilled Shrimp was the winner. Zach & I both like spicy things and this one had just the right spice. Not too hot at all!

Here is the recipe (and I attached the link up there ^)

Ingredients

* 1 large clove garlic
* 1 tablespoon coarse salt
* 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1 teaspoon paprika
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 teaspoons lemon juice
* 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 8 wedges lemon, for garnish

Directions

1. Preheat grill for medium heat.
2. In a small bowl, crush the garlic with the salt. Mix in cayenne pepper and paprika, and then stir in olive oil and lemon juice to form a paste. In a large bowl, toss shrimp with garlic paste until evenly coated.
3. Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque. Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with lemon wedges, and serve.


It was amazing!! We had mashed potatoes and collard greens with it. DELISH!! I don't have an actual "grill pan" (except for our 4 in 1 thing) so I just used a normal pan. If you like shrimp, try this one!!

No comments: