Monday, June 7, 2010

Domestic day indeed

Well, after being absolutely LAZY and not getting out of the bed until 10 11 :-), it turned out to be a very productive/domestic day. )Regarding the laziness, I WAS awake but too comfy snuggling with Scout (Zach had to work/train today) to actually get up.

My first stop was Target. I have these 2 lamps that a bought took from the estate sale. Zach and I needed some table lamps for our living room so I wanted to take these 2 lamps and do something with them myself. I found these lamp shades at Target in Florida, so when I got back I HAD to go buy them. One is round and the other is square.



It looks kind of like burlap, which fits our rustic living room.

So here are some pictures of my project with the lamps.

First, I wrapped everything so I could spray paint them.


Then I let them dry and put the lamp shades on. I haven't distressed them yet because I didn't have any sandpaper. I will post again when they are TOTALLY done.




So thats the first project.

After Target I went to the grocery store. Zach will actually be home every night this week, so we were finally able to plan a meal for each night at the beginning of the week. I already knew what I wanted to cook tonight (Monday night). I saw it in Reader's Digest when I was at the beach and I have been craving it ever since. I LOVE pasta, cheese, and bread crumbs so when I saw this picture my mouth watered. I didn't even notice until after I ripped out the recipe that it was one of Giada's recipes.


Zach and I don't like tomatoes, or atleast big chunky tomatoes like this, so I switched it up a bit. I didn't do tomatoes and I added chicken. It was SO good. Pardon the not fancy bowl but here is a picture. (It's just Zach and I...a bowl is a bowl to us)


And in between dinner and the lamp project, I also bought a bookcase from Target. Not on the same trip as the purchase of the lamp shades. Zach returned something to Lowe's, got $30 cash, so naturally I took the cash and went back to Target to buy the bookcase that I had seen earlier. And it just HAPPENED to be $29.99. :-) We just needed something in our office. That room has been just a catch-all ever since we moved in. I got sick of it, so I am being proactive and finally going to get it together. Here is the bookcase.



I put it together by MYSELF, but I forgot to take a picture. Our office is going to basically be our Auburn room, so when I do post the pic...it is filled with Auburn gear. :-) Now we just have to paint (navy blue & MAYBE a burnt orange stripe) and our office will be near complete. That is until a baby comes and it turns into a nursery. haha.

I think that is all for my day. Time for bed.

2 comments:

Mrs. Werginz said...

Good for you working on the office! Our guest bedroom has turned into our catch all also!!

Kirsty Girl said...

Love the shade :)